Joy to the Girls
(Full-length videos posted at the bottom of this page.)
In a world of temporary pleasure and settled-for comfort, Joy to the Girls reminds women of the true, lasting joy found in Jesus Christ. Practical, Biblical, touching and fun, this study takes a “come as you are” approach – serving beginners and seasoned Bible students alike.
God wants you to know him and receive the full joy only he promises. Discover His joy in this five-week Bible study.
- Defining Joy
- Winter: Joy in Devastation
- Spring: Joy in Happiness
- Summer: Joy in the Mundane
- Fall: Joy Over Jealousy
I suppose my outgoing and positive personality made me think I had this whole joy thing down. Then, a hard time struck and I tried to rely on myself to cover. Let me tell you something: it didn’t work.
Thankfully, joy is an all-season response to life.
Even in the dark times,
sorrow enlarges the capacity of the heart for joy.
Human nature took over. Depression crept in. I felt like I was left alone in a dark, spinning universe. For the first time in my life, the joy I could gain from the blessings in my life was simply not enough. I’ll leave the rest of that story to the first online video session, but I must tell you: That dark time in my life sparked in me an intense passion to share with you, my sister in Christ, how vital it is to know joy.
When I opened my Bible and unpacked the truth about joy – Biblical, lasting, bubbling-over joy – I found that the secret is simple: this world cannot provide it. Oh sure, we experience moments on this earth when our hearts swell in jubilee and our knees bounce in excitement. But as I prepared this study, God revealed something revolutionary to me: the joys we experience in our life – the job promotions, the weddings, the childbirths and the grandiose announcements – well, they fade.
So, when Jesus Christ promised to make our joy complete, what did He mean? Am I supposed to paint on a smile when my world just fell apart? Am I supposed to click my heels with excitement when my boss just threw another meaningless task at me? Absolutely not.
Since there are seasons in life, that is how we’re going to study joy: Seasonally. This study will walk you through five online-based group sessions and four weeks of individual homework –each week representing a different season. So, whether you are in a winter of despair, a springtime of blessing, a summer of mundane, or an autumn of jealousy, we’re going to figure out exactly what joy looks like.
How I encourage you to embark with us on this life-changing journey of joy!
Joy isn’t seasonal. Joy is eternal.
Download a printable PDF version of the book HERE or pick up a hard copy at the CBC Bookstore this weekend!
What will the Online Bible Study look like? It is so easy!
- Go to http://live.mediasocial.tv/cbclifegroups to see when the next session starts.
- The video starts at the top of the hour, followed by a live chat with the other Bible study attendees.
- There is no web cam or anything, so feel free to take your makeup off, get into comfy PJs and brew a cup of coffee!
Why an online Bible Study? I LOVE the online concept for so many reasons.
- I don’t have to load up kids and take them to childcare.
- I can put said kids to bed and prop my feet up while studying God’s Word and chatting with other women in total peace.
- I can invite and go to a weekly Bible study with family and friends who are ALL OVER the world. How cool is that?!
- And finally, because it’s wonderfully easy. Click, watch, chat.