This is a recipe for all levels. As someone who wishes they cooked better (and more), I say that confidently. My husband and I have been making this recipe since we were dating. We have even eaten the whole bowl and skipped dinner – it’s that yummy.
- 6 avocados
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1/2 bundle of fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 roma tomatoes
Note: As far as quantities go, it’s all about personal preference. I’ve learned that everyone likes their guacamole a certain way. This is a fun recipe because you’ll get to taste as you go to make the consistencies perfect for you. I’ll put a recommended number of items, but make it your own!
- Put all the avocados in a bowl and mash them up.
- I will add them one at a time and taste. (I recommend getting a citrus squeezer.)
- Adding cilantro: Make sure it’s FRESH cilantro. Don’t skip this step. It will cost you less than a buck and it is totally worth it. I chop mine up really fine (you will feel like a professional chef doing this). Then I add it a handful at a time and mix. Taste and repeat. NOTE: The bummer about cilantro is inevitably this is what will end up in someone’s front tooth. So be a good friend and look out for and stuck pieces in your friends teeth.
- Jalapeno used to scare me but it really does add a nice MILD kick. Get an entire jalapeño (usually less than 10 cents) and remove all the seeds and then finely chop. If you are just making for your fam and you like spice than feel free to leave the seeds.
- Onions cause horrible breath, but add such a great flavor. I always use white onion, I feel like the sharper flavor is better. Finely chop and throw it in.
- Dice roma tomatoes and mix everything together.
- Salt, stir, taste, and repeat till you love it!
- If you live in the Houston area, invite me over. I’d love be your taste tester!