Hypocrisy: We’ve all been disgusted by it. We’ve all disgusted ourselves by doing it. We’ve all heard how hypocritical we, as Christians, are.
And it’s true: We are Christians. We are hypocrites.
It’s true. But is it right? Of course not!
Which is exactly why James wrote his book. In it, he teaches us:
How to talk ACT like a Christian.
Written by Jesus’s own once-doubting brother, this book offers insight into all things Christian Living. Here is a break-down of what we are diving into:
|Chapter 1||Confidence in Christ||Standing Firm in Faith|
|Chapter 2||Faith and Action||What a Christian Does|
|Chapter 3||Tongue Control||What a Christian Says|
|Chapter 4||Wisdom & Obedience||Trusting in Him alone|
|Chapter 5||Body Building||Body of Christ & Sharing|
(Due Thursday, July 7, 2011)
Read: James 1
- Read the chapter through each day
- Each day, pick a few different verses to focus on:
1. Use your cross-reference guide (usually in the margins of your Bible) to look up different verses that speak on the same subject. 2. Ask yourself how these verses apply to you? What do they mean in your life? How can you use these verses TODAY?
Memorize one verse:
|I’m choosing to memorize James 1:5: If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. (NLT)|
Questions to ponder throughout the chapter (in order of appearance):
- How are we to view troubles in this life?
- How can we gain wisdom?
- What happens when we doubt and waver?
- How are we to endure testing and temptation?
- Where does temptation come from?
- Where do the blessings we experience come from?
- How should we listen? Speak? React?
- What should we do to get rid of the “filth” in our lives?
- What should we do with God’s Word?
- Why should we control our tongue?
- What does pure and genuine religion look like?
I am so excited we are doing this Bible Study together!
Use the little heart “Share on Facebook” link to tell your FB friends about it. The more, the merrier!